Why waste your Spring Break in Ulaanbaatar when you can go on a Spring Gobi Adventure Tour? We are organizing an adventure with huge discounts just for teachers working in Mongolia. We know how hard you’ve been working and you deserve a bit of excitement to rejuvenate your spirit for the next semester.
Dates: April 3-8, 2017 [Departure 1], April 10-15 2017 [Departure 2] (6 days)
- Tsagaan Suvarga, or “white stupa”, is a stunning and unusual rock formation that looks like a ruined city. The striped sedimentary rock looks very beautiful in the evening light. You will also visit Del uul, the location of the largest site of rock paintings in Central Asia.
- Visit Yol Valley and the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan Mountains, home to the Lammergeier.
- Find hidden dinosaur bones at t
- Stay with nomadic families and meet their new baby sheep and goats.
- Climb to the top of the famous “singing sand dunes” and ride a camel.
PROGRAM: Gobi Spring Adventure
Day 1 – Start early morning from Ulaanbaatar towards Tsagaan Suvarga, 370km in total. Enjoy a BBQ lunch and some hiking on the way. Overnight next to a nomadic family.
Day 2 – After breakfast start the drive to the Yol Valley National Park. Arrive after lunch at the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan Mountain range and the Yol Valley National Park. Hike through the valley to the ice river with the chance to see Lammergeier, ibex and many small mammals such as the cute pika. Stay overnight in a ger next to nomadic family.
Day 3: Drive to Khongor sand dunes. Today you can camel ride and try to climb to the top of the highest sand dunes. You will be rewarded with breath-taking views. Overnight in ger next to camel herding family.
Day 4: Spend the morning with the family, helping with the baby animals. Try your hand at catching a lamb or three! After lunch with the family drive to Bayanzag. Overnight in family run guesthouse.
Day 5: After breakfast visit the flaming Cliffs, Bayanzag, and visit a local family how know where to find hidden dinosaur eggs! In the evening return to Dalanzadgad. Overnight in local hotel.
Day 6: Drive 5-6 hours back to Ulaanbaatar stopping at a herder family for lunch.
OUR ADVENTURE INCLUDES:
English speaking guide, transportation by 4×4 vehicle throughout, accommodation in ger next to family for 3 nights, family run guesthouse for 1 night, local hotel for 1 night, all entrance fees and taxes, all meals, 1 camel ride, 1 horse ride.
Please contact Bold and Anna to get the full itinerary and a quote or to make modifications to meet your needs.